We're really excited about this project and want it to grow with lots of people's input and ideas. These are some of the things we need help with at the moment, if you think you can help with any of these, or any other ones we haven't thought of, then email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Route research - We can send you a rough outline of the route and you could research to see if there's anything nearby that we haven't noticed yet, such as big things like National Parks, beautiful villages etc, or researching towns/cities that we know we're going through and seeing if there are refugee projects there, beautiful things to see etc. Or maybe you have friends we could stay with along the way?
- Organise a training ride - We want to build a network of people cycling and raising awareness of the crisis that refugees are still facing, so the more people involved, the better. If you'd like to run it as a fundraiser, then that's great, we'd suggest asking for a £15 donation from your cycle participants. We can provide beautiful routes around London and Brighton of all sorts of difficulty and easy-ness. If you are joining the cycle to Greece this Spring then whatever you fundraise go towards your £500 target. If you'd like to do it not as a fundraiser, that's obviously fine too.
- PR - reckon you get the cycle any newspaper/blog/radio etc coverage? This is amazingly useful, it will help with fundraising and spreading the message that everyone should be caring about the refugee crisis. In a world of negative media, lets spread the positive stories and ways to take action.
- Social media - We'd love someone to post refugee related updates and articles, as it can be hard to do this when we're on the road, this also feeds into the next post...
- Article reader - We've created a page on the website called 'educate me', so that people can read articles about the refugee crisis over the last few years. We need extra article readers so that it's full of great information.
- Sponsorship - We'd like to make the cycle as cheap as possible for the people that come on it so that the trip is accessible to everyone that would like to come. If you have any contacts in the cycle industry, or would be up for making some, then we'd be looking for wholesale discounts on kit.
- Physical donations - There are some things that can be used during the cycle trip and then donated to Khora, (the refugee project we are supporting) afterwards e.g. tents, roll mats, camping chairs, kitchen equipment (knives, chopping boards, cups), plastic storage boxes with lids. If you have any of these that's you'd like to donate, well, that would just be great.
Email us at email@example.com to chat about getting involved with any of these things, or other ideas you've had.